FREE SHIPPING ON ALL DOMESTIC ORDERS $75+
How to install
This instruction works for a 50s kit with either a CTS or Classic Push pull
STARTING WITH THE SWITCH WIRES
Before we start. Lets talk about the switch color code.
- Red/N = Rhythm/Neck
- Yellow/O = Outjack Jack
- Blue/B = Bridge
- Black/G = Ground
Don't install the pots in the guitar yet, instead fish the switch wires through the cavity.
Solder the red Neck wire to the Top right Lug
Next, solder the Black Cloth wire to the Middle lug next to your neck joint
Solder the Blue Bridge wire to the Bottom Left Lug
Solder the yellow Output wire to the two Middle lugs on the opposite side of the switch.
Install the switch into the cavity. Just make sure the cavity walls or the braided wire is not touching the switch as this can cause a "short" in your switch.
Starting with the Bridge pickup
- If you are using a 4 conductor pickup. Make sure your Series link is soldered together and tape it off
- Solder your pickups "Hot/+" to the white cloth wire attached the Bridge tone push pull
- Solder your pickups "Coil Finish/-" to the red Cloth wire attached to the tone pot
Solder the "Bare Ground wire" to the casing on the Volume Pot.
Neck Pickup installation
Solder the neck pickups "Hot/+" tot he far left lug on the Neck volume Pot
Finishing the installation
- Solder the both the "Bare Ground wire" & Neck "Coil finsih/-" to the casing on the Volume Pot.
- Next, Solder the Ground wire coming from your guitars tailpeice to the casing on any pot. In this example the Neck volume was the easiest!
And thats it!
Test the controls before restringing the guitar by lightly taping the pickups with a Metal object.