FREE SHIPPING ON ALL DOMESTIC ORDERS $75+
How to install
This instruction works for a 50s, Modern or Volume Bleed kit
STARTING WITH THE SWITCH WIRES
Before we start. Lets talk about the switch color code.
- Red/N = Rhythm/Neck
- Yellow/O = Outjack Jack
- Blue/B = Bridge
- Black/G = Ground
Don't install the pots in the guitar yet, instead fish the switch wires through the cavity.
Solder the red Neck wire to the Top right Lug
Next, solder the Black Cloth wire to the Middle lug next to your neck joint
Solder the Blue Bridge wire to the Bottom Left Lug
Solder the yellow Output wire to the two Middle lugs on the opposite side of the switch.
Install the switch into the cavity. Just make sure the cavity walls or the braided wire is not touching the switch as this can cause a "short" in your switch.
For this installations we will be using the Seymour Ducans Color code. If you have any questions on what your color code is, feel free to reach out to us, or your pickup's manufacturer.
- Black = Hot(North start)
- Red/White = Series (North & South Finishes)
- Green = ground (South Start)
- Bare = Chassis Ground
Starting With the Bridge Pickup
- Solder the Bridge pickups "hot" wire to the Black wire on the Bridge Volume
- Combine your Bridge pickups two series link wires (North & South Finishes) together and solder them to the Red/White wires on the Bridge Volume
- Solder your Bridge Pickups Ground (South coil Start) to the Green wire on the Bridge side of the controls
Solder your Bridge pickup "Bare" Chassis ground to the Metal casing of the Bridge volume pot.
Repeat these steps with the Neck Pickup on the Neck Volume
Finishing the installation
Solder the wire coming from your guitars Tailpeice to the casing of any pot. On this example the Neck tone was the easiest.
And thats it!
Test the controls before restringing the guitar by lightly taping the pickups with a Metal object.